Movie tie-ins have traditionally been some of the worst videogames to ever grace our screens, and it usually seems that the bigger the blockbuster, the harder the game fails. But when Lego decided to take a new spin on things, they created a franchise of franchises that captured our hearts by uniting one of our favorite childhood toys and the moviess we most adore. The creators of the series have used a formula that has time and time again proven to create clever experiences that are fun for all. Check out what the Lego games are all about and find out which ones are right for you.
THE LEGO VIDEO GAME SERIES IN A NUTSHELL:
- 3rd-person action-adventure video games that marry the beloved LEGO aesthetic with popular movie series. Made by Traveler’s Tales Games.
- You must navigate a world using LEGO heroes (yes, the tiny yellow ones we all played with as children) to defeat foes, solve puzzles and collect experience to unlock new characters and purchase upgrades.
- Famous for colorful humor, solid and consistent gameplay and rapid-fire story lines. Family appropriate but wittiness and solid gameplay elements make it appropriate for any gamer.
- Famous drop-in/drop-out cooperative mode means that a friend can join you at any time, while the HUB system lets you jump around the game world, spend your currency points on upgrades and unlock multitudes of well-known characters.
- All the games play very similarly so if you enjoy one, you’ll enjoy them all.
- Available on Gamestaq for super, duper cheap. Check out the offerings.
Continue on for a more detailed look at some of the LEGO games…
Read More »